If you have come from Lisa’s blog then you are on the right path!
I am pretty excited to show you my artwork this month! I was really rushed to finish it but LOVE how it turned out! Sometimes a deadline really does free up your creativity!
For this layout I used the stamp set, Stella paper (and the colour scheme from Stella), the Stella canvas stickease and DE stars. My layout was inspired by a project I saw on Pinterest- if you are interested in seeing this login to pinterest and follow me- I am under braemontgomery- the inspiration can be found on my papercrafting love board.
I was also inspired by an interview that someone had pinned- 21 Questions to ask your child. I asked my oldest the questions and worked his responses into the layout. Since the journaling may be hard to read I have also cut and paste it below. Try these out with your children- for me it may become a yearly task!
If you don’t want to read the journaling then feel free to hop on over to Nikka’s blog and see what she has created!
21 Questions Asked to Austin at Age 8
1. What is something Mommy always says to you?
2. What makes Mommy happy?
3. What makes Mommy sad?
4. How does Mommy make you laugh?
5. What was Mommy like as a child?
‘You liked your Mom’
6. How old is Mommy?
‘That is hard’
7. How tall is Mommy?
‘I have no idea’
8. What is Mommy’s favourite thing to do?
9. What does Mommy do when you are not around?
10. If Mommy becomes famous what will it be for?
11. What is Mommy really good at?
12. What is Mommy not very good at?
13. What does Mommy do for her job?
‘You teach- well, actually Ellery does’
14. What is Mommy’s favourite food?
15. What makes you proud of Mommy?
16. If Mommy was a cartoon character which one would she be?
‘Bugs Bunny- because I love Bugs’
17. What do you and Mommy do together?
‘Play board games’
18. How are you and Mommy the same?
‘We both wear clothes’
19. How are you and Mommy different?
‘You have long hair and I have short’
20. How do you know Mommy loves you?
‘Because you hug me a lot’
21. Where is Mommy’s favourite place to go?
‘McDonalds- wait- Chinese place’
I found the interview on Pinterest and couldn’t wait to ask Austin and hear his answers. He didn’t disappoint me either- funny! He said things that made me laugh- like I don’t teach but Ellery does! Love it! This year I am on maternity leave and Ellery is part of the Roots of Empathy program where she goes with me into a classroom and the kids all learn about babies and through that they learn empathy skills- we refer to this as her teaching job all the time at home! I also got a good laugh out of my favourite food being stirfry- I cannot remember the last time I had stirfry and much prefer fajitas- but that is how he sees it! In his world I have a lot more time to scrapbook too- nice place wish I could claim it as reality! Love this kid and plan to ask him these questions again some day!
Until we craft again, The Brae-er